It has been nearly 15 years since the launch of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Do you realize how much we have accomplished?
1) UN Women was founded in 2011.
2) Malala brought girls’ education to the international forefront.
3) Women and girls are less likely to undergo FGM.
4) 117 countries have passed laws enforcing wage equality.
5) Hashtag activism raises awareness and encourages others to join the conversation and advocate for women’s rights.
Find out more ways women and girls have been empowered since the launch of the MDGs via BuzzFeed.